Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thoughts on Eclipse soundtrack

I've finally heard the songs included in the Twilight Eclipse Soundtrack.



With Alexandra Patsavas still in charge of compiling the OST, expect a lot of indie but great talents coming on board to lend a song to the album. She was able to mix both new and mainstream talents, thus making it a good listening experience not only to Twilight fans, but to music lovers as well. 

Compared to the previous soundtrack, New Moon, songs in this album are more upbeat, but with a couple of songs giving you a "mood for love" feel. I love Cee Lo Green, The Battles, Fanfarlo, The Bravery, The Black Keys and the Bombay Bicycle Club. The lyrics were heavy and yet the music is positive and upbeat. 

There are also ballad songs in the album which I think will be used to Edward and Bella's cuddle scenes, and my ultimate fave is Sia's My Love. It's so ethereal, listening to the song made me feel like floating. Beck & Bat for lashes' Let's get lost is so suave to my ears.

What I liked about the Twilight albums is that it can stand on its own with its compilation of great talents and songs. It's not only a great relaxing companion, but a learning experience as well for it reorients our taste in music, opening our ears to new sounds and talents out there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails