Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Cee Lo Green's "The Lady Killer"

I finally got hold of Cee Lo Green's new album "The Lady Killer."



And all I can say is... Perfection. He's really in for the kill.

In an era where auto-tune music rules, Cee Lo Green's album, with its real, bad-ass lyrics, funky tunes and a true voice that auto-tuners want to achieve, this is a great masterpiece.

I mean, who can sing a song entitled "F**k You" and still be great? Only Cee Lo can do that..

This album reminds me of the Soul Music Era - where music is a combination of lyrics written like it's a man's confession of love, dedication, anger and frustration but set in a funky melody. Listening to this album made me emotional and at the same time made me want to stand on top of an old school diner table and dance.

My fave cuts aside from the infamous "F**k you"?

  • Wildflower
  • Bodies
  • Cry Baby
  • Fool For You
  • It's Ok
  • Old Fashioned
  • Scarlet Fever

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails