Sunday, April 3, 2011

My first encounter with Auckland's sheeps and cows

On my first week, I went to Auckland's famous Cornwall Park. It's a 20-minute drive from where I live and one of the closest to where I live. My NZ trip won't be complete without a close encounter with New Zealand's sheeps and cows.

It is known as a fact that sheeps and cows constitute the biggest population in this country. That's why they are very cautious of biohazard products imported in their country because it might affect their dairy and meat industries. I remember having my bags thoroughly checked by airport customs to make sure that I did not bring any kind of biological products to their country.

So back to Cornwall, this park is one of the best in Auckland and yet it is FREE. No need to travel long and spend money just to get close to nature.

You will be greeted by a line of trees once you entered the park.


First order of the trip, find some sheeps! After a few minutes, finally found not just one, but a herd!


Having an Anne of Green Gables flashbacks...





Peek-a-boo! 

Smile sheep! 

♫♬♪ Ian (That's Me!) had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb....♩♬♯♫

A few steps away were the cows. OMGosh, they're so big!


"Birch Tree... It's everybody's milk!"

Next stop, the One Tree Hill. But before we get there, we have to climb first to reach the top and get a clear view of Auckland.



Starting to climb... 

Halfway there... 

 View from top

 Finally reached the top!

I did it! Now going down...

Some of the other attractions of the Cornwall Park are the cafe, the Victorian House and trails that leads to the biggest group of trees I've seen in my entire life..




The whole trip was fun. And the best thing about it, I don't have to pay a dollar for it! ☺

1 comments:

shweta jha said...

I had visited your website which was really good
Biohazard Products

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails