Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chicken Satay and Thai cucumber salad

After cooking my version of Kare-Kare, there were still leftover peanut butter and roasted peanuts in the pantry so I decided to make a Chicken Satay and paired it with Thai cucumber salad for dinner.

For the satay sauce, I put the coriander, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic clove, ginger, soy sauce, olive oil, chili, peanut butter and roasted peanuts in the food processor. I added a little sugar to give the sauce a hint of sweetness which reminds me of the satay I used to eat in Singapore. I think honey is okay too if you want to put it instead of sugar. To give the satay a saucy consistency, I put some water and processed it again.

Now that my satay sauce is done, I moved on to the chicken skewers. Before starting with the skewers, I soaked the sticks in water for a couple of minutes to prevent the sticks from burning while I'm grilling the chicken in the oven. I used a kilo of boneless/skinless chicken breasts and was able to make 10 skewers. I preheated the oven to 220C grill setting and while waiting for the oven to heat, I took some satay sauce and used it to cover the chicken. I drizzled some olive oil before popping them in the oven. I think it will take 10-15 mins on each side or less. Just check your food every now then to make sure that the chicken won't burn.

While my chicken was grilling, my next one is the cucumber salad. I just peeled the flesh of 1 cucumber and combined it with some mint and coriander leaves. For the dressing, I combined lemon, fish sauce and sugar in a bowl and mixed it until the sugar dissolves in the dressing. The I poured it over the salad and tossed them.

 After (I think) 45 mins, my dinner is finally complete!


In fairness, both of us enjoyed it! Can't wait to make another dish!

2 comments:

Bridal Cars Rental said...

Nice post !

Mobile App Developers said...

That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails